Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April 2013 Favorites


April was yet another month where I loved so many things! My skin was definitely acting cray this month so I did tend to focus more on my skincare and I'll have reviews up shortly of what worked and what didn't . The weather also started getting much warmer and that meant a little less make up for me... just a little. Let's not kid ourselves, I'm a full face make up kind of girl but I started to bust out more of my nude pink lipsticks and less of my beloved brights. Eye make up was pretty much the same everyday and some days it was just mascara, liner, and lip balm. 

I think I have mentioned most of these items before but here's what I used and abused in April!


*Disclaimer: I'm not associated with any of the brands mentioned and all opinions are my own. Direct links have been provided to make shopping easier. Some links are provided via ShopSense*





1. Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer Cocoa Radient $5.99 at Target



I absolutely love the convenience of this stuff! Just spray, rub it into your skin, and in 30 secs the lotion has absorbed and you are ready to go on with your life! This stuff is such a time saver and it leaves your skin nice and soft. It's a watery consistency when you spray it and it absorbs quick. I love that it doesn't leave your skin feeling sticky and you can get dressed within a minute of using it. If you have dry skin, I wouldn't recommend using this as your sole moisturizer because it won't be moisturizing enough for you. If you regularly apply moisturizer and your skin doesn't need too much tlc, this is a great option for you.

2. KNU Anti Aging Face Lift $150 at michaeltoddtrueorganics.com


This stuff deserves it's own review which I hope to have up in a few days and I will link it to this post. I have been using this for a few weeks now and I really like how it performs. It is costly but in my detailed review I'll go over how to get this for much less! *Update: KNU Review


3. Maybelline Clean Express Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover $4.99 at Target


This is one of the best eye make up removers I have used in awhile. It does a great job at taking off waterproof makeup and my eyelash glue which is a huge plus in my book. The best way to use it is to make sure you hold down the soaked cotton pad on your eye for a few seconds and then wipe away. This is a gentle formula, as I always use it to get off make up from my waterline and it never causes irritation. Although it is a oil free formula it does have a semi oily residue that it leaves behind. It's nothing that's unbearable but just something to note. Size wise, I wish there was more product in the bottle as it seems less than other eye makeup removers around the same price, but it does the job and it does it well! 


4. Milani Baked Blush in Coralina $6.37 at Drugstore.com



Hands down, this is my most used blush color of all time. It's crazy to think that because I have used this blush so much over the past 2 years now and I haven't hit pan yet! It's a beautiful coral/pink color and it is super pigmented. There is glitter in this blush which usually I would hate but when used with a light hand, the glitter actually gives off a really nice glow. When I'm having "good" skin days, I always reach for this, especially for spring and summer.



5. Soap & Glory A Great Kisser Lip Moisture Balm $10.00 at Sephora



I have a detailed post on this balm here. Love this stuff! Soap & Glory A Great Kisser Lip Moisture Balm Review

6. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed $26.00 at Sephora


Similar to last month, where I feautred Benefits Dallas Blush in my March 2013 Favorites, Tarte's blush in Exposed is another perfect everyday, year round color. Compared to Dallas, I would say this is more pink and less bronze colored. I absolutely love this pinky/brown nude color and I think it would look great on fair to medium skin tones. It gives the perfect wash of color without being over powering.




7. Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream $3.69 at Target



My hands have been taking a real beating lately with polish changes every 2-4 days. This cream has been great at keeping my hands soft and my cuticles conditioned. The look of this cream reminds me of Aquaphor in that it is a thick clear gel, however unlike Aquaphor, this cream absorbs much quicker and feels less like ointment. I like to also pair this with Corn Huskers Lotion for some extra TLC. Review: Corn Huskers Lotion.

8. Rimmel Lastin Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss #17 $5.29 at Drugstore.com



This has been my go to lip color for the month of April. It has turned into the Goldilocks of a perfect pink lipstick for me: not too pale, not too bright, it's just right. Review and Swatch of #17

9. CVS Instant Polish Remover $3.29 at CVS



This by far has been my favorite find for the month of April! I will do a separate post and link it here because I'm obsessed with it that much! *Update: Review of CVS Instant Polish Remover

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...