Thursday, April 25, 2013

Soap & Glory: A Great Kisser Moisture Lip Balm



This is a fairly new lip balm that Soap & Glory has released at Sephora. It goes for $10 which is on the high end for a lip balm but I'm totally in love with this stuff!




First off the smell, OMG it's soo good. It smells just like peaches and the only thing I can compare it to are those Hi-Chew candies in peach. (Which on a side note, if you haven't had a hi-chew, you are totally missing out...google it.)

At first glance, the consistency of the balm looks like it would be waxy but it's actually more like vaseline once your finger touches the balm. It's not as goopy as vaseline can be and a little goes a long way. Seriously, there is no need to push hard or try and scoop the balm out with your fingers. Just one go around lightly with your finger and your good to go. 


The way this stuff applies was probably the most surprising thing to me. It just melts on to your lips and makes them soooo smooth. It seriously feels luxurious to me and it's amazing after using a lip scrub.

I've read a few reviews saying this stuff was sticky and I have to disagree. Again, this stuff isn't like chapstick where you have a waxy feel and I think that's what throws people off about it. It definitely feels tacky on your finger, but once it's on your lips it just leaves them super shiny. If you press your lips together over and over, you will never get that nasty goop that sticks to the top and bottom of your lips which sticky products will cause.

Color wise, I didn't notice any added color but as I mentioned earlier, this stuff leaves your lips very shiny. Totally perfect if you don't feel like wearing any lip color. I also found this great for a base when I want to use drier lipsticks. This balm makes those products apply like a dream which I absolutely love!

The only complaints I really have has to do more with the packaging. Although I think it's super cute in its coral colored tin, I don't think it's as practical for throwing in your make up bag. I'm always worried that the lid will come off (hasn't happened yet but I'm sure it's bound to happen). I also don't really like any products I have to put my finger in for sanitary reasons. I will say though, I love that this balm is wide enough in circumference that even if you have long nails, you have enough room to swirl your finger in the balm without getting any in your nails or hitting the sides of the tin.

For how soft this makes my lips feel and how great this stuff smells, this is definitely my new favorite lip balm that I highly recommend. If later on down the road they could put this in a stick or tube form, it would be a holy grail contender for sure!

*Some direct links are provided via ShopSense*





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...