Friday, May 3, 2013

Must Have Nail Polish Remover!!!

CVS Instant Polish Remover, $3.29 at CVS (Duh.)


I mention in my April 2013 Favorites that I have become quite obsessed with this product! As a nail polish addict, I paint my nails at least 2-3 times a week and sometimes 2-3 times a day! I've always used pure acetone that you can find at beauty supply stores because it's the quickest way to take off polish. Seriously, once you go acetone, you don't go back...ain't nobody got time for that!

If you have ever used pure acetone, you know that it dries the crap out of your nails and the skin around it. For me, it was a small price to pay for how fast it took off polish. Then I came across this little gem and holy F, I'm in love!





This polish remover is acetone based but for natural nails. Basically you get the power of acetone without drying out your nails or the skin around it. It's magic in a jar!


As you can see, I could not wait to use it before I took photos and I've used this thing to death already! Anyway, when you first open up the jar, you will see a nice pink sponge that has slits cut into it. There is liquid at the bottom which the sponge soaks up and you basically just stick your finger in between the sponges, move it up and down a few times and viola! Polish is off!

The metal ring is a toenail dauber that is also included. I love this thing. It makes taking off polish on your toes so easy as well!


Again, sorry for the after photos but it was like Christmas when I bought this stuff! The toe nail dauber is originally a white puff, which you can see in the photo doesn't stay that way after taking off lime green polish...whoops. 


Here I am using the dauber as an example of where you would put your finger in between the sponges. 

I really love this stuff and I have been recommending this to everyone I know that paints their nails (which is pretty much everyone I know). If you are at the next level of addiction with nail painting like me, this is a total must have. The other great thing about this: NO cotton pads or cotton balls needed! 

I think the only negative to note is that this is nail polish remover so there is an acetone smell which can be quite strong if you are holding the jar right underneath you. I actually use something to cover my face when taking off polish just to lessen the amount of fumes I'm breathing in.

This is definitely my holy grail polish remover and I actually look forward to taking my polish off now that this is in my life! To see my nail looks, follow me on Instagram@GaudyGlam

*I am not affiliated with any brands mentioned and these are my honest opinions.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...