Wednesday, April 3, 2013

March 2013 Favorites



I loved so many things in March, it was hard to narrow down all the items to keep this post from becoming an essay. Some of the products I feel need their own post so as I get those up, I will link the post so you can read a more in depth review of those items.
I say it every time, but seriously, where does the time go? I mean I literally didn't realize it was Easter until like 3 days before the actual day! Hence, why this post is up late....

Anyways, here's what I loved, used, and abused for March:





1. Tangle Teezer $16.63 at ASOS
Tangle Teezer aka Life Saver. So quick little background on me, I don't brush my hair unless it's absolutely necessary which is like a few times a year. Lately though, I haven't been getting it cut so it's almost to my butt, thick, and the rats nest in the back was housing multiple families. I decided it may be time to invest in routine brushing but it was a nightmare. Imagine reversing almost a years worth of tangles in one brush session...yea, not happening. That is until I got this bad boy...holy moly, heaven sent! I don't know how it does it, but this thing makes brushing your hair painless and quick. It somehow manages to get out all my tangles with out tugging on my hair or causing breakage. It's amazing and you can use it on wet or dry hair. I recommend this to everyone, especially if you have children. I purchased mine at ASOS but I saw another version at Target here: Tangle Fix that retails for $7.99. I've never used that version but I imagine it to be the same concept so it might be a great dupe.





As a long time user and advocate of DUO Lash Glue, I have found my new favorite, dare I say it, holy grail lash glue with this one. I will have a more detailed post about this glue comparing it with DUO but I love this stuff! It works better, application is easier, and it's actually black so it dries without showing any signs of glue residue on the lash band. *Revlon vs Duo Review*



3. Sally Hansen Pacific Blue  ~$3 at drugstores
I absolutely love this color! I think it looks good on all skintones and it's the one of the few colors I can wear for longer than 2 days and not get sick of it. #nailpolishwhoreproblems
I think this is a great dupe for Essie's Butler Please but more affordable so it's even better in my book! Here's a picture I had posted on Instagram wearing the polish:



4. Sally Hansen Insta Dri Top Coat $3.99 at Target
Long before Seche Vite, this used to be my favorite fast drying top coat. Then Seche Vite came into my life and nothing could compare. I still love Seche Vite but I started to get bothered by the shrinking that would happen on the tips of my nails. I decided to give this a go again and I'm in love all over again. It does not give the same "hard candy coating" that seche vite does but it dries quickly, nails are shiny, and no shrinking.

5. Caudalie Beauty Elixir $18.00 for 1oz. at Sephora
Where I live, the month of March was definitely all over the place in terms of weather. One day it would be hot, the next day raining, then overcast, etc. I noticed my skin was definitely being affected by this rollercoaster of weather and this beauty elixir came in so handy for my skin. I will go more into detail on a separate post and then link it here but this stuff is the bomb.com.

6. Benefit Dallas Blush $28.00 at Sephora
I probably wore this 28 out of the 31 days of March! As a lover of bright/bold lips and heavy eye make up, it's important that the rest of my face isn't plastered with a whole lot of color. Dallas is the perfect flush of color without being loud or interfering with the other colors I'm rockin on my face. It's described as a rosy bronze color and it is just that. If you have a fair skintone, you could probably use this as a contour but for medium skintones, this is a great dusty rose color without all the shimmer or glitter that a lot of blushes have. It's not completely matte either which is nice for giving your face a healthy glow.



I'm all about false lashes but on the few occasions where I let my natural lashes out to play, I have been loving this mascara. I have both the regular and waterproof version and a separate review on it here: Shocking Extensions Review.

Love these! You can read more about them here: Review: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

9. Michael Todd True Organics Blue Green Algae Toner $18.00 at Michaeltoddtrueorganics.com
I have tried quite a few things from this brand and for the most part I have been really loving their products. This toner is definitely a stand out product not only because of the ingredients but I really feel and see a difference in my skin. I definitely will be creating a separate post on the products I have tried but if you have acne prone skin, you should definitely try this stuff out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...