Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Review: Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Before I get started with the review, here are my skin stats again:

Oily/Combo Skin
Acne prone skin
Acne scarring and discoloration
Large pores on cheeks
Yellow undertone
I'm an NC 35 at MAC

Wow, can we say perfect profile ad for a dating site?! Ha! Ok, so obviously I don't have perfect skin and I'm so glad foundation exists in this world! As far as what I look for in a foundation: full coverage, not cakey looking, does not emphasize pores or dry patches, covers majority of redness and any other face discoloration, and of course a yellow undertone to match my skintone.





I do have my favorites but I'm always open to trying new foundations. Next to skincare, foundation is something I don't mind spending more money on because it's the base to the rest of your make up. If your foundation is off, it really doesn't matter how nice your lipstick color is or how great your eye shadow looks...at least in my opinion anyway.

So with my acne prone/scarred skin, I know that Cover FX is known for being full coverage without irritating ingredients. I think I tried their powder foundation years ago but I honestly can't remember...eitherway, I decided to give their liquid foundation a try.

*Photo from Sephora.com*

Info from Sephora:

Price: $40 for 1oz.

What it is:
A water-based liquid foundation that provides hydrating, flexible sheer-to-full coverage for the face. 

What it does:
This silky smooth foundation provides buildable, sheer-to-full coverage for comfortable all-day wear. Vitamins C and E soothe inflammation and reduce redness while protecting against premature skin aging, and anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties protect against damaging environmental factors. Available in an array of shades, it was designed to achieve a natural-looking, soft finish in a long-wearing water-resistant formula. 

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates 
- Phthalates 

What else you need to know:
This foundation has been clinically tested, and is vegan and non-comedogenic. It is fragrance-, gluten-, mineral oil-, and talc-free.

My Thoughts:
Although this foundation is on the pricier side, I do think it is a great foundation. For all the things that I look for in a foundation, this meets all the criteria. I found that G40 was the perfect color for me and I really liked the yellow undertone in this foundation (which can be hard to find). I also tried G50 which I think is better suited if you were an NC45 at MAC. They have a great shade selection which is also broken down by undertone which is really nice. They offer a shade finder on their website which I actually used before going to the store and it was spot on! 

The coverage was medium but easily built up to full and not cakey what so ever. I didn't need to use concealer at all which was also nice. I found the finish to be semi-matte which also gave a nice natural finish. I think this foundation is fine without powder. For my preference, I would still set it with powder but coverage wise, it doesn't need it.  If you have really dark spots or dark circles, you might still need a little concealer but this foundation really helps to reduce most of it. I think this would be great for anyone out there with problem skin or someone who just prefers a full coverage foundation without being heavy or cakey. 

Swatches:

*Taken in artificial light*


*Taken in natural light*



 *Taken in artificial light. Wearing G40, no concealer or powder*





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...