Monday, August 26, 2013

New Eyebrow Favorite: Make Up Forever Aqua Brow

Have you ever done your make up but forgot to do your eyebrows? You know something looks a bit off but you can't quite pin point it. It's then that you realize how important your eyebrows actually are...they really do frame your face and complete your look!

*Photo from free-range.org.uk*


I know for me personally, if my eyebrows aren't done, my whole face looks off. I also don't have the nicest brows, so it's imperative I "fix" them before presenting myself to the world.

Back in the day I used to use brow pencils (not a fan of them anymore), then switched to mac eyeshadow in Espresso , then to Benefit brow zings. I would still be using them to this day except I've stumbled upon a little new discovery called Aqua Brow!




In the beginning of summer, I was looking for waterproof/water-resistant makeup in general because of the activities I knew I had planned. YES, I wear make up to the beach. Anyways, I came across Aqua Brow and was intrigued not only because it claims to be waterproof but it was a gel type formula which I thought would be perfect for drawing on the "tails" of my eyebrows.


I have what you would call "F*cked up" eyebrows...haha, how's that for a technical term?! As much as I know how important they are, I probably spend the least time on them when it comes to shaping maintenance. In addition to my neglect in shaping maintenance, the tails of my brows are kind of non-existent. I have to basically create a tail or lengthen my brow so that it frames my face correctly. This is my biggest concern when purchasing an eye brow product because I obviously don't want it to look too fake or rub off.



For the sake of the blog, here is an embarrassing close up of my eyebrows. (Don't mind the different shades of my face, I was playing with some different foundations and concealers at the time this photo was taken.) As you can see, where the tail of my brows should end, hair is a bit scarce in that region.

As I mentioned before, I am long time user of Benefit Brow Zings. I still think it's a great product but MUFE Aqua Brow is just that much better in my opinion. Enough so, that I haven't been able to put it down the entire summer.

I purchased mine at Sephora. You get .23oz of product in a plastic squeeze tube for $20. I know that seems a bit steep for not that much product, but you seriously only need the tiniest bit to do both brows. I think a tube could easily last 6 months to a year if not more.

As for the waterproof factor, once this sets, it's on for the day! If you were to get your face wet or go swimming and not touch your brows, this will not come off. Of course, if you were to rub your brows with pressure, it will come off. (I'm still not sure what water proof really means as I think water-resistant is a more realistic claim). But if you were to just lay your face on a pillow or accidentally brush your hands over your brows, this will stay in tact which is awesome!


Here you can see the product in action and where I have filled in the tail of my brow using an angled brush. The gel formula is so easy to work with, dries quickly, and takes the place of clear brow gel to keep hairs in place.


Here's a close up so you can see how the gel looks. It really combines with your natural hairs very nicely, even on the ends where I don't have hair.

This is the product in direct sunlight. What's great about the color is it is a true cool toned brown. There's no reddish tint which is really hard to find in a brown eyebrow product. I didn't even think the Brow Zings had a red tint until I compared the color to this one.

Needless to say, I'm really enjoying this stuff! I even mentioned this in a previous post with other summer essentials which you can read about here. I do hope this gives you some helpful info on this brow product if you are in the market for something new. Although I bought this for summer, I will definitely be using this year round. Staying power is fantastic and the color is the best I have found so far!

*Some direct links in post provided via Shopsense*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...