Monday, August 12, 2013

Loreal Miracle Blur: Is it worth it?

Loreal's Miracle Blur is one of the more expensive "creams" at the drugstore that I've noticed. The cheapest I have seen it is at Target for $19.99, but at drugstores it usually retails for about $24.99. That's quite a lot to shell out on one product at the drugstore, yet that's exactly what intrigued me about it. How could this product cost so much?! I had to know.




I have been using Loreal's Miracle Blur for the past couple months now and I have to say, I'm really liking this stuff.

I know a lot of people don't like primers with silicone in it, mostly because of how it reacts to their skin. As a long time user of Smashbox's Photo Finish primer, I've never had a problem with it and I love the finish silicone gives the skin. Especially for those of us who were un blessed with larger pores, silicone can do wonders.

Loreal's Miracle Blur claims be an "instant skin smoother" that "erases the look of wrinkles, lines & pores." And you know what? It actually does! I mean, aside from an actual cosmetic procedure, this stuff is, dare I say it, a bit of a miracle product.

The product comes in a plastic squeeze tube and you get 1.18 fl. oz. of product. The formula is very thick and an off white color that blends clear (i'm nearing the end of my tube and squeezing the product out can be a bit of a challenge). Since the consistency is so thick, it can take a bit of elbow grease to blend this out on the skin, but it's nothing that bothers me in the slightest.



Once you start to blend this out on your skin, it creates a weightless layer that really does blur out fine lines, wrinkles, and fills in larger pores. Although this is not necessarily sold as a primer, that's how I use it. Your skin is instantly smooth which creates a great base for make up. My make up stays on just as long, if not longer than other primers I have used.



There's not much of a scent which is nice and I do like that there is SPF in this product. I use this as my everyday primer, about a dime size, and the tube has lasted me over 2 months!


So is it worth it?

Based on how smooth this makes your skin, I think it's very comparable to other high end primers. In fact, I actually prefer this over the Smashbox primer and it's less expensive! It's also nice that you get over the standard 1 fl. oz. of product. So yes, I do think it's worth it. I think if you have more mature skin or more apparent pores like me, this is is definitely worth a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...