Monday, August 19, 2013

Birthday Week[end]

It feels like ages since I have posted something...7 days to be exact. What is this madness?!

Well my birthday was on Saturday, the 17th, so I was a little pre-occupied with party prep and pre- celebrations this past week.




On my actual bday I had an evening bbq at home with some of my very best friends. It was wonderful. 

So wonderful in fact, I didn't take many photos. FAIL. What started as an intimate, chill, bbq, turned into a night of drunken shenanigans that I can barely remember. Jameson was flowing, beer pong was going, people taking shots out of a beer bong, and enough food to last a week! So in a nutshell, it was a great night!

Here are a few photos that were taken before the festivities:













This past weekend I was reminded how lucky I am to have so many wonderful people in my life. We are all busy, especially as we get older, so it's always really special to me when someone takes time out of their lives to be a part of mine.  To have even one great friend is a blessing, I know how lucky I am to have many.

As I turn another year older, I get that much closer to learning what truly is important to me and how to continue to build a happy life for myself. Many times we get bombarded with everyday life and the curve balls that are thrown at us. Sometimes we are even set back by the unaccomplished goals we have set for ourselves. I know I for one can say that there are many things I thought I would have accomplished by now but haven't. It's easy to get down on yourself when your expectation of yourself isn't your reality. But in the end, it's all wasted energy thinking about the should've, would've, could've. Be aware, learn from it, and keep going.

I'm still learning everyday how to trust life and the unwritten plan that's set for me. However,  the more I remain as positive as possible, the better life has been for me. I don't mean don't try to work towards your life goals or expectations, but have faith that if you continue to surround yourself with good people, be good back, continue to push yourself, and be a positive addition to this world; things will be ok. Life may not turn out exactly how you planned, in fact, it might just turn out better!

Cheers to another successful birthday and another year to celebrate life and all that it has to offer!

Girl rule #101: You are never too old for girly cupcake toppers or the color pink.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...