Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Review: Dr. Scholl's For Her High Heel Insoles


Here's my horrible attempt at a quick stop motion vine featuring the Dr. Scholl's for Her High Heel Insoles that I received complimentary from Influenster.



I love high heels...I actually prefer them to flat shoes but as I get older, my tolerance for wearing them for a long period of time diminishes. My feet just don't support me the way the used to. 

When getting ready for a night out, a laundry list of thoughts go through my head when picking out what shoes to wear. I always think about where I'm going to be; am I going to be standing a lot, walking a lot, etc.  Definitely a result of many late nights and mornings where I want to cut my feet off. #girlproblems My feet are starting to throb just thinking about all those endless nights of dancing, clubbing, walking the strip of Vegas, etc. Oh to be young again!


I've tried Dr. Scholl's for Her Heel Liners and Ball of Foot Cushions before and they really make a difference. I usually used them if my shoes were slightly too big or to fill in the gaps in my right shoe (my right foot is slightly smaller than my left...so annoying).

Since I had never tried a full insole, I was really excited to see this in my Influenster Vox Box. I mean let's face it, heels aren't purchased for comfort, so anything to extend the wear time is a good thing. You can find these at Target, Walmart, and drugstores for $8-$12.


First off, these are made idiot proof! I don't know how much clearer they can be about which insole goes where...the only thing they are maybe missing is top and bottom? But I mean, if you don't know that the sticky side goes down towards the shoe, then an insole is the last thing that should be on your priority list.


Although these are made of gel and have a raised gel cushion where your arch is, they don't take up a lot of room in your shoes which is nice. I put these in shoes that fit and ones that were a bit tight, and my foot still fight fine in both.

The gel also makes them easy to clean and re-use. I found the sticky side to not be that sticky which I like. It doesn't leave a residue inside your shoes and allows the insoles to come out easily.

As for comfort, don't expect miracles but these do help. They provide an extra layer of cushion that helps soften the blow on the balls of your feet when walking in heels.

The only negative I see is the length of the insole. In my opinion, if you are past a size 8, the insole isn't long enough to completely cover the ball of the foot and heel area (the product says it works for size 6-10). Other than that, I think this is another great product from the Dr. Scholl's for Her line. My 4 inch heels are more comfortable with these in and that means happier feet which in turn equals a happier me!

If you are looking for something to make your favorite shoes a little more comfortable, definitely try out something from this line.

*If you click here, there's a $2 off printable coupon for this line as well as other coupons for Dr. Scholl's products*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...