Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Revlon: Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

Let's just cut to the chase, Revlon you've done did it again in the lip department! I am lovin' the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains! I purchased Honey and Cherish and it's the only lip products I have been wearing since I purchased them!



In general I'm a fan of lip stains in theory, but I've tried numerous marker type lip stains (including Revlon's Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm) and I'm still not big on them. For me, the formula of the marker type stains always fade in the most random places on my lips. They also go on weird on me: either really streaky or leave my lips looking like I've used red food coloring to stain my lips. I don't know if any of that makes sense but my point is, I don't like it. What makes this stain nice is the formula; the fact that they are a creamy "balm" consistency allows them to apply more evenly to the lips than most of the marker type stains I have tried. These balm stains remind me a lot of Revlon's beloved Lip Butters but in chubby stick form which makes them even easier to use. They have a mint scent which is not overpowering so I actually find it quite nice and refreshing. They also require no sharpening which is great! The two I tried had a surprising amount of pigmentation which again is reminiscent of the Lip Butters. As far as lasting power, I can get a good 3 hours of wear before I reapply again and that's with drinking and eating. Again, the chubby stick makes it so easy to apply that I never use a mirror when reapplying. Bonus points for major convenience!






As far as the stain part of the product, your lips are left with faint color as the product wears which is nice. I find that this product is moisturizing but I wouldn't use it as a sole lip moisturizer. I would still make sure my lips are exfoliated and moisturized first before applying this product. That's just my preference. As I wear it throughout the day and reapply, it gives enough moisture to my lips so they continue to not feel dry at all. 



All in all, I would highly recommend checking this product out. I think this is a great alternative to lipstick for Spring and Summer. I purchased mine during a 40% off sale at Rite Aid, which Rite Aid has often, so they are really affordable. I can't wait to go buy more! 

*I didn't exfoliate my lips before I took the photos below, but trust me, these look nice when you take care of your lips! :)

Honey 001

Cherish 015

Honey is like a your lips but better color. Depending on the natural pigmentation of your lips, it can look lighter or darker. 

Cherish is a fun bubble gum pink color. It's a buildable color as well which is nice if you want just a subtle hint of pink or a more bright lip.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...