Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Physicians Formula: Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin FakeOut Mascara


I realized this past month that although I have non-existent lashes and wear false lashes almost everytime I go out, I have this need within me to find/try mascaras in hopes I find that perfect one. I think it's a sickness really but I can't stop. I literally counted 12 different mascaras that I currently have open and semi using...someone call the mascara addicts line, I think I need an intervention.

But whatever, let's add #13 to the mix: Physicians Formula FakeOut Mascara! I wanted to try this because PF is having this promo where if you purchase the mascara with the special packaging that says "Try me for free" you can mail that packaging in with your receipt and they will reimburse you! (click here for the rebate form, ends 10/31/13). So yea, that's awesome but I could never find the special packaging so I just went ahead and purchased it. 





This retails between $8-$10 in my area depending on where you purchase it, and it has this cute hot pink packaging which I really like. The product itself is marketed as (info taken from PF website): 

-1st EVER mascara with 100% natural origin lash extension fibers for the full-on fringe of false lashes without irritation.Innovative formula amplifies lash volume, length & curl.

-Oversized brush creates a fabulously false lash effect instantly!

-100% of the Total Ingredients are from Natural Origin.

-70% of the Total Ingredients are from Organic Farming.


So that sounded all good to me and I've never tried a Physicians Formula mascara before so I was excited for this one. So first off the brush- it's larger and if you have small eyes like me, these larger brushes are not really your friend. The first time using this mascara, the brush was hitting my eyelid area or lack there of, and it wasn't cute. After using this 2 or 3 times though, I did eventually get the hang of things but it's definitely not the best if you have small eyes and short lashes.



Final verdict: Eh. I'm on the fence. On the one hand, it definitely lengthens my lashes and I like that it is a natural formula. The thing I don't like is the mascara never dries. I have this weird thing I do where I actually like touching my lashes or sometimes pulling off mascara....please say I'm not the only one who does this? Eitherway, because this formula never seems to dry, when I touch my lashes, they will all clump together and my eye look is basically ruined at that point. I'm not saying I like crispy lashes but with this mascara, my lashes just feel more wet than I would like them to. I guess this problem could be easily solved if I just didn't touch my lashes but that's not going to happen so I'm torn. I will say that although it is a wet formula, it doesn't make my lashes heavy so that's good. But yea, I don't know...this mascara is definitely in the "I don't hate it but I don't love it" category. Pics below for you to decide. (Remember, these are magnified photos, sadly I really do have non-existent lashes)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...