Sunday, June 2, 2013

Don't Waste your $$$: Wet n Wild Megalast Liquid Lip Color

As much as there are great beauty products on the market, there are also the fair share of shit not so good products. Whenever I try a product and think, "WTF, ewww, not cool, I'm returning this shit, where's my receipt?!" I know that I have a crappy enough product that I want to let others know about so they don't waste their money. I know that what doesn't work for me, may work for you, but I will include pics when I can so you can judge for yourself and realize I'm probably right maybe save yourself some moolah!

So the first product to make it into this category is Wet n Wild's Megalast Liquid Lip Color.






I want  to first start off by saying that I LOVE Wet n Wild products. I think they have some of the best drugstore products and their mega last lip color lipsticks are some of my all time favorites! With all that being said, I was super excited to see these new liquid lip colors at Walgreens about a month ago. They were $2.99 at my Walgreens, so super affordable and there was a nice color range. 

I was immediately drawn to this hot/neon pink color called Click on my hyperpink...hello, hella cute name right?! Yea.Done.Sold.

When I first opened up the liquid lipstick, I was really happy to see the flat applicator which is my favorite. The shape reminds me of a platypus' bill which has nothing to do with why I like it...I'm actually not sure why I like these applicators better than a doe foot but I just do. (great explanation, I know)




Anyway, so when I went to apply the color, it was super pigmented!


Gorgeous right?! Yea, I was totally loving it but then the worst happened. Within 5 mins or so I had pressed my lips together just to get a better feel of the texture and this was the result:


Uhhhh....yea, wtf?! I figured I maybe should have let the lip color dry or set longer so I tried the lip color again and waited 10-15 mins. (which btw, is a ridiculous amount of time to wait for any lip product). I pressed my lips together and it happened again! I was so disappointed because I had really high hopes for this product. Even when I didn't press my lips together, after about 5 mins or so, the product would get so dry on the lips that it would start to crack. Boo! (The funny thing is this product is marketed as being hydrating for up to 8 hours...umm, I think someone messed up in the lab.)

Oh and taking off the product was a bitch! It's hard to explain but I tried water, baby wipes, eye make up remover, and an oil based make up remover, and the product would roll off in patches after I scrubbed the crap out of my lips. I mean yes, the staying power was great but when your lips look like the last photo I posted, you don't want that look to last! All in all this product just was a huge disappointment and I would say save yourself the trouble and just wait for Wet n Wild to figure out this product needs a little bit more work and hopefully they will re-release a new version.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...