Thursday, February 28, 2013

February 2013 Favorites


It's that time again: Monthly Favorites! For the month of February I loved so many things it was hard to choose. A few of the items I chose I have been using for awhile now, but I noticed that I either repurchased them again this month or continued to reach for it which means they work and are worth my money!




  • Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Cleansing Pads
  • Splendid Soft Skin Body Butter in Ruby Grapefruit
  • Josie Maran Aragan Oil
  • Be a Bombshell Eyeliner in Onyx
  • Lorac Eye Shadow in Serenity
  • CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick in 325-Spellbound
  • Sephora MicroSmooth Foundation Face Powder



Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Cleansing Pads
$6.49@Target

I absolutely love these cleansing pads! (I've gone through at least 5 tubs now!) They are still the only facial wipe/pad that I find can take all my makeup off including eye make up. These pads are great because they are already pre-moistened and large in size so you only need one to take off everything. Unlike other facial wipes, you do need to rinse your face afterwards but I don't mind the extra step because the results are great! 
They are dual sided pads (one textured side for gentle exfoliation and one smooth side) which is nice to get a deep clean. They are very saturated and smell amazing. They leave your face feeling clean but not tight which I love and I  honestly think if you did not have a Clarisonic, this is a great alternative. They are sold at all drugstores but I have linked the product to Target because that's where I purchase mine. 

Splendid Soft Skin Body Butter in Ruby Grapefruit

I've already raved about this stuff here: Splendid Soft Skin and I'm still loving it! My skin has been on the drier side because of the "colder" weather (I know people hate when us Californians complain about being cold....but it has been....for us!) This stuff has been a life saver and again, the consistency is so nice, I don't have to wait forever for it to absorb into my skin and my skin stays soft all day!

Josie Maran Aragan Oil
$14-$96@Sephora

If you told me a year ago it was a good idea to put oil onto an oily/acne prone face, I would have removed you from my social bubble. However, here I am, a year later...slathering oil onto everything, not just my face! I have been using Josie Maran's argan oil for the past month now and I love how it can be used for so many things: face, hair, nails, body...is there anything else left?! I can't really attest to the improvement of my skin because I use other skincare products as well, but I will say that this stuff absorbs quickly into my skin and has not caused any breakouts. I also love that while I'm using this as my daily facial moisturizer, my cuticles are also reaping the benefits with each use! If you are worried about the whole oil on face thing: get over it. You're missing out!

Be a Bombshell Eyeliner in Onyx

Let me preface this by saying eyeliner markers are my thing...they are probably the easiest types of liner to use...if the tip is made right. A great eyeliner with a marker style tip should be sturdy not flimsy for the most controlled application. When I first saw this liner I was a little hesitant of the large size of the tip compared to my small asian eyes. To my surprise, the application was very easy and the formula: amazing. This is a great blackest of black eyeliners that dries quickly and lasts all day. The pen also lasted almost 2 months with everyday use!



Lorac Eyeshadow in Serenity

Lorac has definitely been winning in the eyeshadow dept. for me lately. If you still don't own the Pro Palette, you need to get it...NOW! Just like the Pro Palette, the quality of Serenity is outstanding: very pigmented, buttery-soft texture, easy to apply, minimal to no fall out. Serenity is described as a light bronze with shimmer which I agree with. It has a nice warm peach tone to it as well which makes it great for not only the eyes, but highlighting the cheekbones if you have a medium to tan skin tone. I love to use this on the middle of my eyelids for an extra pop and dimension.




CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick in 325-Spellbound
$5-$8@Drugstores

Hot.Pink.Fuchsia.Goodness. Enough said.


Sephora MicroSmooth Foundation Face Powder
$22@Sephora

I'm always on the hunt for a medium to full coverage face powder that doesn't look cakey or settles into lines and pores. This powder has been the best I have found so far at doing just that. I love that it's not too matte but not shiny either so it gives a more natural finish on the skin. I think because it is a baked powder, it has the lightweight feel of a mineral powder which is also very nice. It reminds me of the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural but costs less and has a bit more coverage. This powder also photographs nicely with no flash backs. The compact doesn't come with a mirror which is a bit annoying but I rarely have to touch up so I guess I can let that slide. As for the coloring, it is a bit weird because they are named differently depending on if you buy in store or online. I go by the number and I'm in 30: Medium (in store) or Sand (online). Odd right?!  For shade reference, I'm an NC35.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...