Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Awesome Find: Splendid Soft Skin

I recently came across this body care brand Splendid, while shopping for a fruit basket...because that makes sense right?! Ugh, leave it to me to go into any store looking for one thing and end up at checkout with everything but what I went in for. Safe to say, I'm still fruit basket-less.



All is not lost however, because I found something I didn't know I needed, and that is this deliciously smelling Ruby Grapefruit line from Splendid Soft Skin! I had never heard of this brand before but after one whiff of the hand lotion I didn't care who they were, I just knew some items were coming home with me. I ended up purchasing the body butter and body scrub but they also make hand lotion, body lotion, and body wash. There were 2 other scents: Golden Blossom and Coastal Musk but when I tried to smell them, all I could smell was the Ruby Grapefruit I had slathered all over my hands. Seriously, the smell is divine. If you like fresh citrus scents, think Satsuma from The Body Shop, then I think you will love this scent.





After doing a little research, apparently Splendid is an LA-based company known for soft comfy fabrics and they had expanded their clothing line to body care using cotton extract to create soft skin. I believe the body care line is carried in their stores which are only in the LA area or you can purchase them from Nordstrom here: Splendid Soft Skin. In trying to find out more about this body care line, I realized there wasn't much out there so I knew I had to write about it after trying the products.

So my thoughts?

Body Butter: GO BUY IT NOW!!!!! If you like body butters then this is a body butter but better. Let me explain. I love body butters...they are thicker than most lotions and are great for those times when my skin is need of some TLC (fall through winter are definitely body butter season for me). What I don't like about most body butters though, they can take awhile to absorb into my skin and some although wonderfully rich and decadent are also greasy and sometimes sticky. This is NOT the case with Splendid Soft Skin. This body butter has a consistency unlike any other body butter I have ever tried. It's like a thin cream consistency that absorbs quickly into my skin, leaves my skin super soft ALL DAY, and it's not greasy at all. It's seriously the best texture and I wish I had better words to describe it. This is definitely a product I can use year round!

Body Scrub: The body scrub has tiny granules (think finely milled salt) which are gentle on the skin but abrasive enough to give a nice exfoliation on the body. I liked this body scrub but I do not think it's a must have for everyone. I am so in love with the scent that this stuff is at the top of my list but again, it's very nice but not a must have.

*Now for why this definitely makes the awesome find list! As I mentioned earlier, the only retailer I could find that sells this body care line outside of the actual stores is Nordstrom. I however, recently saw this at my local TJ Maxx! They had all 3 scents in stock and the prices were considerably less, like $7.99 vs $26! I highly recommend checking out your local TJ Maxx or stores like that (Ross, Marshalls, etc.) Happy Shopping!

xoxo,

Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...