Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Goody Ouchless Ribbon Elastics



So I'm sure you have all seen these ties before...a stretchy piece of elastic ribbon tied in a knot at the bottom. I was first introduced to them over a year ago because of Birchbox but the elastics were made by a different company. I remember seeing quite a few people rave about them and how cute they thought they were. I was never really that impressed with them and after receiving a bajillion of them in my Birchboxes over this past year, I was totally over it.

The main deterrent for me was the price vs function. They went for $5 for a 3 pack and $10 for a 6 pack. Umm what? I could get like a 32 pack of my good ol' Goody black elastics for under $5 and they worked better.

As you can imagine, I wasn't that excited to see these bands again when I opened up my voxbox.

Although I don't entirely get the whole hype, I will say I'm glad Goody has come out with their own because they are better and more affordable.


For starters, the price is much more reasonable. Depending on where you purchase them, they can range from $3.99-$4.99 for a 5 pack. You can find out where to purchase Goody products here.



The Goody Ouchless Ribbon Elastics are described as a unique knot style hair tie made from soft, stretchy ribbon material, that can be worn on the wrist or in hair.

I have long, thick hair so for me personally, I need a strong hair tie to hold things in place. These bands unfortunately are not strong enough to hold up my hair nor are they big enough to wrap around my hair. For a ponytail, I can get the tie around twice (and that's a struggle to do so). The ponytail is not as secure as I would like it to be and tends to drop over time (I'm all about the high ponytail). If I were to run, this would definitely fall out within minutes.

I find that the elastics do stretch out a bit with wear but no where near as bad as the more expensive kind that I have tried in the past. They also do not come undone at the knot which has happened to me with the more expensive kind.

As for the ouchless factor, I think this is where these excel in the hair elastic department. They come out of the hair so much smoother than any other hair tie. Because of this, I think these would be great for kids hair. Oh, and in my opinion, they cause less of a kink in the hair as well!



Another way people love to wear these is on their wrist. For me, I find them a bit tight and I don't consider myself having large wrists. If you have wrists on the much smaller side, then I say go for it! I think it adds a nice little flare of arm candy, especially for laid back days.

All in all, this is a nice product depending on how you like to wear your hair and what type of hair you have. For me, this works well if I'm rocking a low ponytail or braid. Again, because I have thick hair, using this to secure a high ponytail or a messy bun isn't going to happen. For kids and those who have thinner hair, I think this product will work very well for you and the ouchless factor is a great bonus!

*Photo from Instagram*



*Product was sent complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. Birchbox referral link provided.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...