Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer Ready Feet!

Today marks the first official day of Summer...wooooo!!!! Happy Summer Solstice!

Image from dukky.com

Summer marks the official start of living in flip flops, wedges, sandals, heck, even going barefoot! With all this foot exposure, not only is nail polish a must but so are some nice looking feet! No one wants to see crusty, flaking heels or dried skin around your toe nails..eww! Now I must say, I'm guilty of not taking caring of my feet as much as I should and I walk outside barefoot A LOT. Overtime, this has created some not so pretty feet...calluses and dried heels, gross.

Recently, my feet have done a 180 and it's thanks to 2 products that work amazing together! Separately, I think these products are blah but together they are almost miracle worthy as to how well they work together!


I purchased both of these on separate occasions and as I mentioned before they are just ok on their own. The first item was the Dr. Scholl's for Her Smooth my Sole Micro File which I purchased at the drugstore. It's an egg shaped contraption that you use like a pumice stone except the cup catches the skin bits so it's not a nasty mess.


The shape makes it really easy to hold and it doesn't hurt one bit. If anything, it tickles, so if you have ticklish feet...good luck!


On a recent trip to TJ Maxx, I stumbled upon some foot creams and foot scrubs by Earth Therapeutics. I had never tried the brand but I've seen it at Ulta and discount stores like Ross and of course TJ Maxx. Knowing summer was right around the corner, I thought I'd pick something up. I noticed a foot peel which intrigued me because it was essentially a lotion that you would rub on the bottom of your feet and it was suppose to remove dry skin. I liked the idea that it wasn't a messy scrub that I had to use in the bath. Rather I could just rub the lotion on and then wipe it off with a damp towel. It's also made with more natural ingredients, using an Alpha-Hydroxy Fruit Acid Complex to remove dry skin and Australian Tea Tree Oil to condition the skin...fancy.

Tea Tree Oil Gentle Foot Peel by Earth Therapeutics


The consistency is that of a lotion with tiny granules of pumice throughout. The scent is really nice, not peppermint like most foot products, which I like much better. I can't really describe the scent but it's refreshing and I think would smell universally good to almost everyone. As for how abrasive the lotion is, it's not at all. In fact, I think it's a bit too gentle to really give a good foot exfoliation. I read some reviews where people liked the scrub but they would use their fingernails to really slough off the skin...uhhh, no thank you.



That's when a lightbulb went off and I thought, let me use that pink egg I purchased awhile ago! And ta-da, a miracle was born!

How I like to use this is I first rub the lotion all over my feet in small circular motions to get a bit of exfoliation going. I leave the lotion on and then use the egg as I normally would, using back and forth motions on my feet. Holy moly, the amount of skin that is taken off is amazing and gross at the same time. The nice thing is the egg catches all of it and when I'm done, I can just empty the egg and rinse the grater part. The lotion does not get stuck in the grater and rinses out easily.

The end result: Callus free, soft feet, ready for summer! I absolutely love this combo and had to share! Definitely try these 2 items out if your feet are needing some tlc :)


2 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. I'm interested in trying Dr. Schroll. Thank you for the quick review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These 2 items have made my feet very happy :) Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...