Monday, July 1, 2013

Review: GlamGlow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment


Image from Sephora.com

Info from Sephora:

Price: $69.00

What it is:
A 10-minute professional-quality mud mask for men and women. 

What it is formulated to do:
This mud mask leaves skin noticeably radiant and glowing. It activates moisturizing collagen synthesis, provides gentle resurfacing exfoliation, and helps to leave skin smoother, brighter, and softer. While providing tighter skin texture and tighter pores, it provides a more youthful appearance and absorbs impurities without removing natural oils. 

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

I actually stumbled upon this product by accident when I was trying to use up some credit on the Birchbox website. I remembered seeing the brand GlamGlow on the Sephora website and decided to use my credit on a more "luxury" purchase since I couldn't justify spending $69 on a mud mask any other time. They only offered this particular mask on the Birchbox site and it wasn't until after I completed my purchase that I realized the mask I was actually wanting to try was their Super-Mud Clearing Treatment...whoops.

So first things first, I'm a sucker for packaging and this company did  a great job in my opinion. 


The product comes in a sleek black box with silver font and when you open it up:


Surprise! So cute!!!


The jar is pretty heavy in weight, it feels like a metal jar but I'm not exactly sure. Eitherway, it doesn't feel cheap whatsoever.


The full size jar is 1.7oz so there's quite a bit of product to last you awhile. The jar is no larger than the palm of my hand so it's still convenient for travel. Again, it is heavy in weight but I actually like it...makes me feel like I'm getting my money's worth.


According to GlamGlow's website, the mud base of this product is from the South of France Mediterranean Sea...le fancy. Among other ingredients, there is green tea, chamomile, lavender, and cucumber which combined with all the fancy mud makes for one great smelling product. I want a candle in this scent, that's how much I love it!


As for consistency, it's a pretty typical mud mask texture. It's quite thick so I do use a Q-tip to get the product out instead of my fingers. The real difference which I wasn't expecting were the green tea leaves that are mixed in. It's definitely the main negative to this product for me. It just makes application a bit weird when you are trying to apply this and the leaves are also on your face. Apparently the leaves are part of their Teaoxi Technology which I'm not sure I'm completely sold on yet. Eitherway, I definitely wasn't expecting the leaves and at this point, I could do with out.


Here you can see the mask after it has dried and the random leaves that are on the skin. I just find it a little weird having random dried leaves on my face. It's not that big of a deal but again I could do without it.

Now this mask does not have the word tingle in it for no reason. When you apply this mask you definitely feel the tingle. If you have sensitive skin or skin with open wounds/cuts I would say this mask might feel more like it's burning than tingling. It lasts less than 10 seconds though and your skin begins to feel very tight as the mud dries. It's not uncomfortable at all but I would suggest avoid striking up a convo when you have this on.

As for the results, I think this mask is one of the better masks on the market. It does cost more too, so it really depends on your budget. After use, your skin does look brighter and feels more taught (giving the appearance of smaller pores). I also like that your skin feels smoother and not dry. Again, I think this more of a luxury product and if $69 is nothing to you, I would recommend giving this a try. If your face doesn't need that much maintenance, Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask is always a good weekly mask to use for under $5 from the drugstore.

Direct Links provided via Shopsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...